[Sidefx-houdini-list] creating pulse waveform from keyframe locations

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Fri Jun 8 14:15:34 EDT 2007

I'm working in the Compositor and would like an automagical way of
modulating COP effect amounts.  Imagine the following.

1) Pick a COP and go to it's Mask pane.
2) Alt-LMB to create an animated channel for the "Effect Amount"
3) Scrub on the time-line to find locations where the effect should be
applied.  Mark these with a keyframe.
4) Drop this magical HDA which lets you specify a COP, a default "effect
amount" value, a peak "effect amount" value, and a pulse width.  The HDA
should create an override "effectamount" channel comprised of pulses of
this width centred at each keyframe location.

Do you see what I'm getting at?  CHOPs seems like the natural solution
but I'm struggling to turn these keyframe locations (which don't affect
the slope of the curve - they're just marker points) into spikes.  Any
thoughts on how to accomplish this.

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]
Interactive visualization for museums and industry