[Sidefx-houdini-list] VFX article

James Rutherford jrutherford at stclaircollege.ca
Thu Jun 7 09:52:54 EDT 2007

One of my former students just finished work on some stuff for the
Transformers movie....it was with several guys with little experience
running cracked Maya out of their bedrooms...little money and no
time....they aren't shots in the actual movie ..it's for a marketing
tie-in....anyways final results looks great with web broadcast and
elements will be used in web and tv commercials....and some of these
guys have already freelanced for a company that is part of Kevin Haug's
FXcartel setup that has done several large features mining guys from all
over the world, generally based on where the best tax credits are
available.......
I think this industry needs a union...brothers and sisters....:)