[Sidefx-houdini-list] instancing and procedural mantra

zoran arizanovic zoran.arizanovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:36:34 EDT 2007

Hi
could someone plese explain a little difference and usage of all those
options under geometry in render tab of geometry sop?
I used render as subds and procedure sprites but other file options and all
the bounds are still not clear to me
I checked help and there is not much written in it
I want to setup files so that I read points from disk into named geometry
sops
then instance on this points and use those geometries randomly on new geo to
be insanced on scatered points
for example if I have points read from file and setup geometry render points
from file can I use those points for instance templete or not?
thanks

Zoran Arizanovic
http://arizanovic.blogspot.com/