[Sidefx-houdini-list] changed inputs

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Mon Jun 4 16:43:42 EDT 2007

Hi Chris,

I got a crash as soon as I tried cooking your example because we were
passing uninitialized GU_Detail pointers. To get it to run at all, I had
to change input11_geo and input2_geo into full GU_Detail objects and
pass their addresses to duplicateChangedSource() like so:

duplicateChangedSource(1, context, input1_top, &changed1, &input1_geo);
duplicateChangedSource(2, context, input2_top, &changed2, &input2_geo);

After that, it worked as expected because that version of
duplicateChangedSource() which takes a GU_Topology only notifies of
topology changes and not point position changes.

If you used the other versions of duplicateChangedSource() without
GU_Topology, then it will notify of any changes in the input. However,
it will necessarily duplicate the particular input's geometry into your
current gdp, which you may or may not want.

So for the other inputs, you may wish to consider using
SOP_Node::checkChangedSourceFlags() for changes, and then manually
updating the duplicate counter yourself instead of relying on
duplicateChangedSource(). Something like this (UNTESTED):

- Create a member variable to keep track of the cook counter.
   eg. int myInputCookCount1;

- In your cookMySop() method:

   int input_num = 1;
   checkChangedSourceFlags(input_num, context, &changed1);
   if (changed1)
   {
      SOP_Node *input = CAST_SOPNODE(getInput(input_num));
      if (input && input->error() < UT_ERROR_ABORT)
      {
          setDuplicateCount(input_num, getInput(input_num));
          mySopFlags.setResetGeo(false);
       }
   }

Cheers,