[Sidefx-houdini-list] VFX article

zoran arizanovic zoran.arizanovic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:47:22 EDT 2007

hi
let me join in since this article made me think what we are doing at all
question to be production house or vfx house is not relevant for me
The way I see it is run for quality against time and like it seems demand
and shrinking deadlines are not synced with software/hardware possibilities
and on the other hand planing like in 300 is more exception than rule:(

Unfortunately this is getting money driven and not just quality driven
field which from companies standpoint is reasonable but from my-artist is
not.
I want to see work as close to fine art as 300 is
for all the money driven producers out there check toy story 2
"You cannot rush the art"!
I just cant wait for D.Murren book to come out because he mentioned in
interviews exactly the same
lack of basic artistic skills is killing vfx and making flood of average
generic vfx driven movies
and if him and Knoll say its hard to get quality out under current
conditions I have to agree :)

On 6/4/07, Luc Froelicher <lulu at alamaison.fr> wrote:

> if you become a production company you also become a competitor of your
> clients ...
>
> John Coldrick a écrit :
> > On Friday 01 June 2007 18:16, Ivan DeWolf wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965871.html?categoryid=2520&cs=1
> >>

> >       Yah, this one's been doing the rounds.  :)  Frankly, nice to see
> in print
> > what's been talked about for so long.  Seems to me the way things have
> been
> > going that it's far, far more lucrative(or even viable) for post
> companies to
> > have a property that they sell and go into production with, rather than
> > working on the blockbusters that belong to someone else.  While of
> course
> > that means Shreks and the like, I can't help but wonder if there will be
> more
> > cases in the future of FX companies pitching live action FX work.  In
> other
> > words, they become production companies, or at the very least own a
> piece of
> > the pie.
> >
> >       Cheers,
> >
> >       J.C.