[Sidefx-houdini-list] VFX article

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Jun 4 07:55:45 EDT 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 18:16, Ivan DeWolf wrote:
> http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965871.html?categoryid=2520&cs=1

	Yah, this one's been doing the rounds.  :)  Frankly, nice to see in print
what's been talked about for so long.  Seems to me the way things have been
going that it's far, far more lucrative(or even viable) for post companies to
have a property that they sell and go into production with, rather than
working on the blockbusters that belong to someone else.  While of course
that means Shreks and the like, I can't help but wonder if there will be more
cases in the future of FX companies pitching live action FX work.  In other
words, they become production companies, or at the very least own a piece of
the pie.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada