[Sidefx-houdini-list] Holding Bone Weights

Louis Dunlevy ld at dneg.com
Mon Jun 4 05:27:33 EDT 2007

I was going to suggest the spreadsheet but you're there already I see. A
bit messy though. I quite like the sliders on the bones too.

For facial rigs have you had any joy with the Morph tool giving it a
rest position? When you hit the "Save Deltas" button it will do an
Attribute Orient style deform based on what you've done in your edit
SOP. I'm sure you're already aware but just in case..

I really would like to see a new type of bone behaviour like the
"relative" mode in Maya's cluster deformer. That lets you throw in tons
of extra deformers that have no affect whatsoever until their transform
channels have changed. I find the problem with Houdini's bones is that
they *always* have an effect on the geometry whether you like it or not.
I think it's a big issue for facial rigs and secondary deformers.

Cheers
Louis