[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK VRAY

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 08:46:36 EST 2007

Hi Mark...

Thankx for ur reply. But I checked the code and I think it is not bounding box problem. I check my Template Point X,Y,Z values in console. When camera moves, for some section the values are wright and render is correct. My template geo is static , but for some sections it shows wrong values and render is incorrect.
I think the problem is the LOD input to the render function. I printed out LOD in console and it changes as the camera moves.

 ----- iamjaideep80
 Jaideep Khadilkar
 TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics

Jaideep Khadilkar <iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Everybody....

There is a strange problem I am facing while creating VRAY procedure.
My VRAY code takes two inputs. A source Geometry and a Template Geometry.
And copies source geometry on each point of template geometry. It is same as Copy SOP but only a VRAY procedure.
Inside the code, I am using "queryObject" and "queryGeometry" to get pointer to gdp.
Here sgdp is Source_Geometry and tgdp is Template_Geometry.
The code is like,

    for(i=0;ipoints().entries();i++)
    {
        ppt = tgdp->points()(i);
        gdp->clearAndDestroy();
        gdp->merge(*(GU_Detail *)sgdp);
        xform.identity();
        xform.translate(ppt->getPos().x(),ppt->getPos().y(),ppt->getPos().z());
        gdp->transform(xform);
        final_gdp->merge(*(GU_Detail *)gdp);
    }
And I am using final_gdp as the output.

Now the thing is, The code compiles normally and renders properly when my camera is somewhere near to the template object. As my Camera moves around,
the x,y,z values of template points sometimes show correct values and renders properly and sometimes the values are wrong and doesn't render the object(or may be the object moves out of screen because of the values)..I checked it using console.
I don't know why the values are changing as my template object is static.
What is the problem with getPos. According to my knowledge it returns the world position, so the camera position should not matter.