[Sidefx-houdini-list] [n00n] issue particle selfcollission

Abdul-Kareem Abo-Namous anamous at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 04:55:04 EST 2007

For some details on the clip you cited (from the Gatorade spot), see

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showtopic=2720&hl=gatorade

"Particle interaction" is the interact POP. "RBD <-> particle interaction"
can go both ways (particles influencing RBDs and vice versa), there are some
nice examples in the help tab for the POP Solver, such as

$HFS/demo/helpcards/dop/sopsolver/DOP_EXAMPLE_sopsolver_DentingWithPops.cmd

As for "particle selfcollision", I'm not aware of any direct way to do that,
seeing that particles don't have a surface or volume, so apart from their
charge and scale (which are both taken into consideration in the interact
POP), no properties exist that enable a collision check.

Of course, you could instanciate geometry using the copy DOP onto particles,
run it through an RBD solver, and retrieve the original point positions back
afterwards.

br,
Abdelkareem