[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDK VRAY

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 04:37:17 EST 2007

Hi Everybody....

There is a strange problem I am facing while creating VRAY procedure.
My VRAY code takes two inputs. A source Geometry and a Template Geometry.
And copies source geometry on each point of template geometry. It is same as Copy SOP but only a VRAY procedure.
Inside the code, I am using "queryObject" and "queryGeometry" to get pointer to gdp.
Here sgdp is Source_Geometry and tgdp is Template_Geometry.
The code is like,

    for(i=0;i<tgdp->points().entries();i++)
    {
        ppt = tgdp->points()(i);
        gdp->clearAndDestroy();
        gdp->merge(*(GU_Detail *)sgdp);
        xform.identity();
        xform.translate(ppt->getPos().x(),ppt->getPos().y(),ppt->getPos().z());
        gdp->transform(xform);
        final_gdp->merge(*(GU_Detail *)gdp);
    }
And I am using final_gdp as the output.

Now the thing is, The code compiles normally and renders properly when my camera is somewhere near to the template object. As my Camera moves around,
the x,y,z values of template points sometimes show correct values and renders properly and sometimes the values are wrong and doesn't render the object(or may be the object moves out of screen because of the values)..I checked it using console.
I don't know why the values are changing as my template object is static.
What is the problem with getPos. According to my knowledge it returns the world position, so the camera position should not matter.

----iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics