[Sidefx-houdini-list] [n00n] issue particle selfcollission

Georg Duemlein, Dipl.-Des. info at preset.de
Wed Feb 28 03:27:54 EST 2007

Dear List,

I need some clarification on this topics:
  * particle selfcollision
  * particle intraction
  * rigidbody particles interaction

A friend of mine cites Houdini as the application that offers particle
self collision and this movie:
http://deko.lt/tmp/Forums/fracture_DD_houdini.mov

I already found the interactSOP, which offers great possibilities.
But to understand things right, this *just* is an simulation of charge
based on a radial forcefield around the particle?
Fractured objects can't interact through particles and need to be a
rigid body thing? I have seen the Pre/Post-ROP-Script fields, and I
guess, here POP and DOPs cann communicate?

Please drop me a few sop/dop/pop names to look up in the help or point
me to a paper.

I guess my main problem is the lack of
houdini-speak-how-to-call-things-right.

Thank you,