[Sidefx-houdini-list] Transform axis

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Tue Feb 27 16:34:29 EST 2007

I'm trying to figure out a way to select
any edge on a poly model and then
be able to rotate the object around
that edge (like an axis)

So far, as an example, I've tried to
1. drop down a default poly sphere
2. branch a transformaxis SOP off to one side.

4. then dissolve away all edges but that one.

I can then source the centroid of that edge,
in the origin fields of the transformaxis SOP,
and that part works. I can rotate around that
point.

However, direction is the problem. I can't figure
out what to put in the direction fields (of the
transformaxis SOP) so the object can be rotated
around that edge exactly like an axis.

I hope I'm not missing something really simple.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Larry

--
Larry Giunta