[Sidefx-houdini-list] copy SOP stamp grid rows

Edmond Earl Smith ees041000 at utdallas.edu
Sun Feb 25 14:22:09 EST 2007

Hey Georg,

Here's a possible answer.  Under settings you are able to select
aliases and variables.  If you're not familiar with this, it can be
used to create your own variables and set their parameters.  A very
basic example of a solution that may fit your needs would be to make a
variable grid_size and my_rows_cols.  When you create the grid just
pass my_rows_cols into the x and z sizes.  Then create the box and make
every demension $grid_size/$my_rows_cols.  Now no matter what size the
grid is every cube will fit on it perfectly.  Just alter the $grid_size
and $my_rows_cols when you stamp and everything should be gravy.
Although this is a simple example, it can be very useful.  You can try
creating $grid_X_size and $grid_Y_size if you're dealing with a
rectangular shaped grid, etc.

Eddie the III