[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya .anim curves in Houdini

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Wed Feb 21 14:06:22 EST 2007

Hi Andrew,

Andrew D Lyons wrote:
> Before I look into writing new curve functions for Houdini, I just
> want to find out if anyone used this math to get super precise
> results?

That I don't really know as I was only told that it worked after I gave
someone the math. :)

 > I'm not sure where the problem is at this point. I'm using
 > the mel xform function to sample values out of Maya to do comparisons
 > in CHOPs. Maybe it's there?

The equations rely on tan() so it's possible to get precision error. There's
also the issue that Houdini only deals with single precision float's in
channel so depending on your values, you might also be running into that. Make
sure you're performing the formulas in double-precision?

-Edward