[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya .anim curves in Houdini

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:35:00 EST 2007

Thanks Edward,

That is the exact math I used for weighted channels, and it's these
curve sections that have the slight numeric problems. It's 99.995% of
the way there - which is good enough for lighting and some animation
work - but not for camera animation and some other things.

Before I look into writing new curve functions for Houdini, I just
want to find out if anyone used this math to get super precise
results? I'm not sure where the problem is at this point. I'm using
the mel xform function to sample values out of Maya to do comparisons
in CHOPs. Maybe it's there?

Cheers