[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya .anim curves in Houdini

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:04:04 EST 2007

Hi Lou,

I implemented something like that, but when I was comparing sampled
Maya and Houdini keyframes in CHOPS, I found minor numeric differences
(+/-0.003 for extreme slopes). That's a big problem for camera
rotation channels.

I wrote the converter in python using functions from the math module.
Python uses doubles exclusively, so I'm guessing the problem is deep
somewhere in the keyframe functions, or the way they are evaluated.

How accurate was the one you wrote, and how did you implement it?

Cheers