[Sidefx-houdini-list] Maya .anim curves in Houdini

Lucio Flores dogboy_l at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 12:47:57 EST 2007

I wrote something like that at DD years ago. YOu need something to dump a text
version of the keyframe data onto disk. Most animation channels are just cubic
hermite or bezier functions, so its just a matter of getting the
slope/time/value info, and correctly translating that into houdini. Some
packages have the slope derivative as value per frame, or value per second, so
there may be a fps multiplier in there. Using that was enough to translate
keyed channels between softimage, lightwave, maya, and houdini.

--- Andrew D Lyons <tstexture at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have any studios successfully found a way to accurately convert Maya
> keyframes into Houdini keyframes?
>
> If so - how was it done?
>
> My current guess is that we would need the HDK to replicate Maya's
> curve functions as Houdini curve functions. Not sure if there is other
> keyframe infrastructure needed though as well...
>
> Cheers

God, how much more profitable would it be,
if the Thinker would learn from the Drunk?

                                   - Kafka