[Sidefx-houdini-list] UVPelt workflow

guillaume laforge guillaume.laforge.3d at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 23:59:32 EST 2007

>you can use one UVpelt to arrange the seams where you want to unwrap
>your texture
>and then copy paste that for different parts e.g. hands, face, body, etc.

>then use the hint primitive to pick a primitive that falls within hands,
>face, body, etc. and
>that will then tell the pelt to unwrap that part of the geometry. the
>rest is ignored.

Aaaahh thanks a lot. It is much faster to setup this way. And after an UV
pelt, if I create an other one and just pick a primitive, it will read the
"edge pattern" from the UVPelts upside :-).

>Turn on the Create UV groups options and provide a name for the part you
>want to unwrap. Use Visibility sops to control which parts are visible.
>At the end of the node network all the unwrapped groups will be in the
>same uv space.

Yes, I used the UVPelt group output to delete some parts in my "beginner
workflow". Very handy property of the UVPelt.
The Visibility SOP will be very useful, thanks for showing me the light.

Cheers

--
Guillaume Laforge