[Sidefx-houdini-list] GPU refresh issues (win x64)

Gregory Karydis nutman at otenet.gr
Tue Feb 20 22:57:58 EST 2007

Found a solution!
[Many thanks to Jeff Wagner for the eye-opener]
The environment variable trick works (albeit slow as already mentioned) but
it helped me to a great extent to identify the source of the problem.
nVidia drivers for non Quadro GPUs have a bizzare way of handling the OGL
spec.
The solution came in the form of RivaTuner.
With that ever so useful app you can force the nVidia driver to work in
compatibility mode while using all of it's resources so you get no lag
whatsoever.
This works with any Forceware drivers out there and can be applied to any
version of windows from Win XP to Vista 32bit or 64bit.
In effect it uses the same environment variable but instead of running from
the CPU it runs from the GPU.

Since this works rather well, I will make a step by step guide and post it
in the forums one of these days.

Thanks,
gregory