[Sidefx-houdini-list] UVPelt workflow

Jerry Corda-Stanley jerry at intelligentcreatures.com
Tue Feb 20 17:12:27 EST 2007

the hint primitive determines which part of your geometry is inside the
UV "frame".

you can use one UVpelt to arrange the seams where you want to unwrap
your texture
and then copy paste that for different parts e.g. hands, face, body, etc.

then use the hint primitive to pick a primitive that falls within hands,
face, body, etc. and
that will then tell the pelt to unwrap that part of the geometry. the
rest is ignored.

this way you can chain a few UVpelts based on one original and do your
texturing that way.

Don't do the deletey business, you'll end up all screwed up.

hope that helps