[Sidefx-houdini-list] GPU refresh issues (win x64)

Jeff Wagner jeff at sidefx.com
Tue Feb 20 16:00:31 EST 2007

When Windows XP boots in to safe mode, the default graphics drivers are
bypassed as you know. Windows XP has OpenGL embedded in it and will run
in software only mode in safe mode.

You can bypass the hardware OpenGL acceleration by setting the
environment variable:
        HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE = 1
Do a search on the Side Effects forum for enabling software acceleration
(disabling hardware acceleration).

-jeff

--
Jeff Wagner, jeff at sidefx.com, Senior Technology Consultant