[Sidefx-houdini-list] GPU refresh issues (win x64)

Philip King graphos1 at charter.net
Tue Feb 20 09:34:34 EST 2007

Gregory,

You didn't mention which operating system you're using. I would assume
that since you're using a DirectX 10 capable graphics card, you are using
Windows Vista 64-bit. If that's the case, you may need to run Houdini in
Compatibility Mode for XP. Additionally, the current production build of
Houdini is 8.1.866 so, try upgrading from 8.1.704? Consider an nVidia Quadro
4500 GPU for OpenGL support and this link for Houdini system requirements:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=415

You didn't mention which type of display unit (monitor) you are using.

You have a great system for playing video games!

Philip