[Sidefx-houdini-list] 3D Connexion controllers with Houdini

Lucio Flores dogboy_l at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 00:11:09 EST 2007

--- Darran Edmundson <darran at edmstudio.com> wrote:

> Gregory Karydis wrote:
> > Just curious, how much would it cost SESI to develop this?
> > maybe a few of us interested could pool together to make it happen :)
>
> I could only speculate.  I'd guess though about 1-2 weeks of developer
> time at a rate (again guessing) of $1000/day.  Say $10k at most.  Really
> though, 3d Connexion should be paying this ...
>
> Perhaps it is worthing pointing both this number to 3D Connexion.  SESI
> does contract programming, and adding SpacePilot support really can't be
> done through the HDK.  It needs to be done within Side Effects.
>
> Cheers,
> Darran.

True, to implement the full capability would have to be done through sidefx.
But if you just wanted the basic naviation, (which rocks...) you could have an
app collecting input from the controller, and have it send camera info to
Houdini through the serial port. As long as you're looking through the updated
camera, you could at least navigate.

It looks really cool.

1000 per day!!!! I'll work for you!!! ;)

God, how much more profitable would it be,
if the Thinker would learn from the Drunk?

                                   - Kafka