[Sidefx-houdini-list] 3D Connexion controllers with Houdini

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Mon Feb 19 21:43:30 EST 2007

Gregory Karydis wrote:
> This may sound like I am promoting a 3D controller but I'm not. It just
> made my life easier with other 3D apps so I'm asking "Why not a plugin
> for Houdini?"
> Anyone use a 3D Connexion controller (SpacePilot, SpaceTraveller, etc)
> with other 3D apps?

Hi Gregory,

We use a SpacePilot with Max and Solidworks.  I have also contacted 3D
Connexion and SESI inquiring about getting SpacePilot support for
Houdini.  My guess is the only way this is going to happen soon is for
either 3D Connexion (or perhaps a studio that has valued talent
suffering from repetitive stress injury) to pay SESI for the development
cost.

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]
Interactive visualization for museums and industry