[Sidefx-houdini-list] iges again

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 16 16:44:01 EST 2007

Hi,

It would help to know what app. your client is exporting from.

The iges spec. manual runs over 600 pages. There is endless types of
data that can be stored.

If your client model is made up a bunch of sub-objects they might not be
exporting with a root "directory" that links all the pieces in a
hierarchy. It's like the relationship between object/sops.

PeterR

On Fri, 2007-16-02 at 16:16 -0500, Larry Giunta wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know this has come up many times before but .....
>
> Although we have rather successful imported .iges
> data of various product models before ....... we're
> having a tough time getting some .iges data in
> for a current spot we're working on.
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone can share any tips or
> useful information ( settings, etc) that we can pass
> on to the engineers who are exporting the data.
>
> Basically what we are receiving is suspiciously light
> .iges data ( small file size) that reads into Houdini
> but only contains a small portion of actual 3D data. Most
> of it looks like parts of flat plan drawing that
> have been converted to wires ...... like using the
> trace SOP on a flat architectural drawing.
>
> If anyone has any thought to share that will
> help us better communicate with the people who
> are exporting the iges data for us, we would be most appreciative.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Larry

"everything is coincident"