[Sidefx-houdini-list] iges again

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Fri Feb 16 16:40:18 EST 2007

Hey Larry,

We've had similar problems with .iges data- Most CAD systems are
capable of outputting .obj files these days- If you can get your
engineers to output .obj you might find the files much easier to work
with. Its especially helpful to have the "parts" included in the data
sets- Be sure to try a few simple objects first, with a bit of trial
and error a good engineer can make your life MUCH easier by tweaking
the way he saves out the data-

Good luck,

Jed-