[Sidefx-houdini-list] iges again

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Fri Feb 16 16:16:09 EST 2007

Hello all,

I know this has come up many times before but .....

Although we have rather successful imported .iges
data of various product models before ....... we're
having a tough time getting some .iges data in
for a current spot we're working on.

I'm just wondering if anyone can share any tips or
useful information ( settings, etc) that we can pass
on to the engineers who are exporting the data.

Basically what we are receiving is suspiciously light
.iges data ( small file size) that reads into Houdini
but only contains a small portion of actual 3D data. Most
of it looks like parts of flat plan drawing that
have been converted to wires ...... like using the
trace SOP on a flat architectural drawing.

If anyone has any thought to share that will
help us better communicate with the people who
are exporting the iges data for us, we would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Larry

--
Larry Giunta