[Sidefx-houdini-list] Scatter based on ColorGradient ?

Lucio Flores dogboy_l at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 12:50:04 EST 2007

Another thing to try is to use a divide SOP to split your poly into lots of
smaller polys. The scatter SOP sorts all the polys by area (or whatever
attribute you specify), decides how to allocate points based on that attribute,
then scatters the correct number of points on each poly. It needs more than one
poly if its going to do an uneven distribution.

--- Jerry Corda-Stanley <jerry at intelligentcreatures.com> wrote:

> use an attribcreate SOP to use $CR to create a user attribute.
> I don't think the scatter SOP understands local variables such as $CR
> also make sure attribute bias is set to 1.
>
> that should do it
> > Hi,
> >
> > i want to scatter points onto an animated Figure.
> > The distribution should be controled by the color gradient, the
> > gradient reverse conected to the distribution so that more points are
> > scattered when the color is fading out.
> > I tried to use the Alternate Attribute (CR) in the Scatter SOP but it
> > does not work and i'm affraid that the gradient doesnt work on a
> > single primitive.
> >
> > Can somebody give me a hint ?
> >
> > thx
> >
> > Sebastian

God, how much more profitable would it be,
if the Thinker would learn from the Drunk?

                                   - Kafka