[Sidefx-houdini-list] point versus vertex textures ...

b.fx at free.fr b.fx at free.fr
Wed Feb 7 19:37:31 EST 2007

Hello,

You can bake the normals and use the facet sop with unique points not
recomptuting the points normals.

Use vertex texturing each time you expect houdini behaving like package like
maya or 3dsmax.

As far as i know in houdini you can duplicate points to match vertices
attributes, see vertex split sop, not the opposite.

francois