[Sidefx-houdini-list] units in houdini

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Sun Feb 4 21:49:15 EST 2007

Garman Lists wrote:

> Yes, but... what about the camera.  There is a camera in there with
> focal length in mm.
> As soon as you have that, then don't you have a standard?

Only within the perspective projection matrix, I would have thought? An
object x number of units away, and y units large, would be projected to
the same device co-ordinate space as an object 10x units away and 10y
units large. Or am I missing something? Film back? Lens distortions?

r.

--
Rangi Sutton
3D Animation and VFX              Kanuka Studio