[Sidefx-houdini-list] Anyone having problems with Houdini on Suse

Jerry Corda-Stanley jerry at intelligentcreatures.com
Thu Feb 1 15:14:56 EST 2007

I'm not a network expert or anything, but these past few days have been
something of an experience.
It seems like there is some network issue and Houdini is getting the blame.
I'll open up a scene, work for a bit try to save and the network mount
has hung.
Now this didn't happen before xmas, but now it happens 3 or 4 times a day.

There has been a certain amount of infrastructure work going on and i
know in all likelihood the problem lies
there, but trying to get the system guys to acknowledge it and fix it is
murder. And as I'm the only guy currently
working in Linux before the studio switches over, I'm really kinda
concerned that if I'm having this issue then the
whole studio is going to, which is a Bad Thing^TM

I'd like to think it wasn't Houdini, but i do remember a while back
trying to get it to save to the virtual file
system on a DPS PVR and it corrupted the disk so I'm a little suspicious.

Anyway it's SUSE 10.1 over nfs if that helps any. Just wondering if any
one else had experiences similar issues
before and if so how it was resolved.

Cheers

Jerry