[Sidefx-houdini-list] furry holidays

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Sat Dec 29 09:20:19 EST 2007

I've haven't played with cvex really but here's what I know about it,
hoping I'm not saying things wrong.

You write your shader to give some frizz or whatever effect to your fur.
Otherwise each fur simply interpolate from each guide fur on the
primitive vertices. There's a unique number attribute per instantiated
fur to help you create random function. You can also create and paint
your own custom attribute and use them in the fur shader to control the
intensitiy of whatever look you give to your fur.

So basically the global shape of the fur is controlled from the guide
curves and all the rest is in the shader. I wonder if there are not new
tools of higher level in H9.1?

Hope this help anyway!

François