[Sidefx-houdini-list] H9 UI configuration

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Thu Dec 27 11:14:25 EST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007, at 1:15 AM, Lisa Reynolds wrote:

> I have a couple of UI questions for those of you that have been using
> H9...
>
> I have a two monitor setup and with H8 I used to use one monitor for
> the viewport and the other for network, parameter panes, and the help
> browser. Now with H9 I'm trying to recreate that setup, but when I
> tear off the network or parameter pane there are other panes below
> it. How do I move those nested panes as a set over to my other
> monitor?

Hi Lisa,

Not sure how much this will help. But in H9 I've simply been stretching
the full Houdini interface across both monitors. Leaving one side as
a big viewer and the other for everything else.

For the most part I haven't had too much trouble with the seam
between monitor
(tab menus and such seem to do the right thing in most instances).
But overall I
find this works a lot smoother with the new interface as opposed to
tearing off separate
panes. And since you can have multiple tabs within any pane
( awesome!!) I personally
don't find nearly as much need to tear off separate panes in H9.

Again, this is personal preference, but may be worth trying.

Larry