[Sidefx-houdini-list] Help on H9

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 14:44:01 EST 2007

2007/12/22, François Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca>:

> I suspect they've changed something lately because I've been using H9 on
> OpenSuse 10.2 and the doc used to work.

I am having many problems qith the doc server here too.
In my case  I am using Fedora core 5 and H 9.0.794
The doc server seems to freeze after a couple of queries and  I have to
kill the hbrowser-bin process and  open a new one to get the help page I am
looking for .
And doing it again and again because it always freeze after a couple of
queries.
At the end I have been using the H8 help, it works perfectly.
Maybe the java engine in the system could be a problem?

It doesn't work on mine anymore but since I always use the doc on my
> Windows machine I haven't investigated further.
>
> The only other thing I can think of is changes I did in my /ets/hosts
> file.
>
> François
>
> Lisa Reynolds wrote:
> > I finally got around to installing H9 (build 794) on a Open Suse 10.2
> > 64 bit machine and the help browser doesn't want to work. I looked
> > through the archives and tried entering http://localhost:48626/ in
> > Firefox and that didn't work either. In Houdini I just get a slew of
> > messages that make it sound like the help server isn't running. Is
> > there some magic incantation I need to do to get it started?
> >
> > -Lisa

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez