[Sidefx-houdini-list] facebook

Ammon Riley ammon.riley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:59:00 EST 2007

On 12/19/07, caleb at howlor.com <caleb at howlor.com> wrote:
> Not all.  I had the exceptionally good fortune to work for a while at
> Toronto's B.I.G.  (Babes In Graphics).  If I could choose, the working
> atmosphere at BIG would be the industry standard.

Given my one freelance experience there (many years
ago, when I was fresh from school), however, I'm glad
it's not. I slept on a cot in the upstairs room for several
nights, because we were doing such long hours. One
stretch was 34 hours straight. This was my defining
experience that made me wake up and say "screw
this... I'm not going to kill myself for a *job*."

The people, on the other hand, were fantastic (which
reminds me that it was this job where we were introduced,
albeit remotely), and I appreciate being given the
opportunity to work there, though I think I failed
miserably -- which was part of the reason the job
went south.

Cheers,
Ammon