[Sidefx-houdini-list] Influence Attribute

brian goodwin brian.r.goodwin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:57:16 EST 2007

hey François

I found that I would have a blend based off the attribute that u intend that
would logically blend between the unedited sop and the ie softpeak sop, by
just building a blend VEX sop and using that to blend between the two.

this isnt the ideal solution, but when asking this question a while ago,
that was the answer i recieved and it seemed to work.

hope this info helps
brian

On Dec 19, 2007 9:53 PM, François Duchesneau <sidefx at trinix.ca> wrote:

> Hi all, let's say I've got an operator that acts on points like Mountain
> Sop and Softpeak Sop. I want to control the amount of the effect with an
> attribute per point that I paint.
>
> With the Mountain Sop I can create a custom attribute called "height"
> and assign the value of $CR I just painted. The Mountain Sop will
> override the "height" parameter for each point since it's a Vex op.
>
> My question is how can I do the equivalent with non-vex operators like
> Softpeak or any sop op that works on points.
>
> François

brian