[Sidefx-houdini-list] mapping environmental maps

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 18 07:47:24 EST 2007

Do a search for "isixpack" that is a command line tool for preparing
images for and environment.

With either the Area light or Environment lights you can use
"Environment" in the Area Shape settings of the Area Light Options folder.
Check the help card for either light for an explanation.

As far as I know, you can't preview the env sphere with your map, unless
you copy the asset to your own directory and crack it open.
If you just want to see a wireframe representation of the size and
position of the sphere then just select the node and you should see the
wireframe in the viewport. Area Size controls the size of the sphere.

regards, Peter

zoran arizanovic wrote:
> Hi
> How can I preview or prepare hdr or env.maps for use in area light so that I
> get full env.sphere coverage without blank-black spots?
> Is it possible to see preview of env.sphere in the scene?
> thanks

"everything is coincident"
"Easy, is not how you make a living."