[Sidefx-houdini-list] local variables in VOP SOPs

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:00:07 EST 2007

Yeh - I hear you. Some Houdini locals work, and some don't from
memory. I'm surprised $LIFE doesn't.

Good $localVar and expression support in Vex OP UI parameters would be
the icing on the vex OP cake IMHO. Often it's necessary to wrap vex
OPs in a HDA subnet that handles all the attribCreate nonsense for
artists, but then you end up with 2 ops for every purpose in your
menus. One that does the raw vex number crunching and one that has
high level bells and whistles for users. Often they are named in a
similar way, and then people have to remember which OP is the decoy
and which is the money (depending on how they look at it.)

This brings me to another long-standing RFE - the ability to load a
hda - and have it accessible - but yet not appear as clutter in your
OPmenus. I thought that was going to be part of H9 - but I'm yet to
see it. Anyone know what happened to that one?

Cheers