[Sidefx-houdini-list] COP "File" question

Floyd Gillis floyd at afcg.com
Fri Dec 14 15:28:27 EST 2007

To simplify a composite, (and keep my sanity), I am trying to define the
frame sequence for a bunch of elements with one variable that runs
sequentially for a while, cycles, goes back to being sequential, back to
cycling, etc.

I'm feeding this (int) variable into the File COP's to control which
frames are read from disk.

No matter what I do, I can't get the file COP's to read in frames beyond
the frame number of the image files that actually exist on disk.  I've
tried over-riding the frame range in the file COP and even putting dummy
files on disk to "extend" the frame range.

I know there are other ways of doing this... using a series of Switch
and Sequence COPs for example... but using a single channel as a frame
index would be much simpler and easier to maintain.

Any suggestions?