[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth solver

Jeff Higgins jeffrey.higgins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:41:25 EST 2007

i love houdini... really i do... but the cloth isn't up to snuff, i'm sure
there just hasn't been enough effort put into to making it a solid solver,
you might be able to get decent results using maya nCloth, because it has
some nice features for tearing.

if you're still keen on using houdini, you could try out syflex.. its the
industry standard for cloth and i think support in houdini is pretty good,
although i've never used it.

the shot seems like its a one off and while doing it with cloth is a cool
approach you may be able to get away with doing it without it, like in chops
as andrew suggested.

good luck, sounds like fun!!

jeff