[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth solver

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:36:23 EST 2007

I'd personally suggest a procedural modelling approach.

1./ Make keys points
2./ Animation the points roughly.
3./ Pull the points into CHOPs with the geometry CHOP
4./ Add a spring CHOP
5./ Use other CHOP filters if needed.
6./ Pull points back into SOPs. Using channel SOP.
7./ Skin surface.

I prefer the spring CHOP because you can get complex motion with other
considerable filtering controls in CHOPs, but there is a spring SOP as
well.

Cheers