[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth solver

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Fri Dec 14 14:26:39 EST 2007

We're working on a shot simulating a procedure in the beginning of
cataract surgery where a hole is torn in a very thin layer of tissue
resting on a dome (the lens) in a circular pattern-

The TD working with us on the shot is having problems getting any
reasonably good results out of the cloth solvers- I'm trying to
figure out f we should bail on this approach and switch to other
software, or is the cloth solver in H9 capable of producing a good
simulation of tearing and folding-?

I'd really appreciate any feedback from you guys who have survived
using the cloth solver in production!

Thanks!!

Jed-