[Sidefx-houdini-list] glitches in render

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Thu Dec 13 15:39:43 EST 2007

I'm getting erratic glitches in one of the shots I'm working on-

The lights, camera and objects are all locked off- Small dash or dot
like variations in color are jumping around on the surface of one
textured object. Sometimes in a cluster of 1-3 frames then clean for
several hundred- other times scattered around perhaps 20-30 hits in a
500 frame shot-

I'm running all renders from a sequence of ifd's - What really
confuses me is, re-rendering the same ifd's fixes the render glitches--

(We're using Mantra render, micro polygons, H9.0.799, Simple texture
shader and displacement shader with depth map-)

Any thoughts on what might be causing this??

Thanks!!

Jed-