[Sidefx-houdini-list] viewport background pic not refreshing

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:20:13 EST 2007

2007/12/12, Mark Elendt <mark at sidefx.com>:

> On Wednesday Dec 12 at 11:50, Peter Bowmar wrote:
> > There is a "texcache" Hscript command that should do the trick. It is
> > cached deliberately otherwise it would have to recheck the disk
> > constantly and performance would be terrible.
> >
> > I bind "texcache" to a function key but I guess you could use the Shelf
> now :)
>
> I think you can also use the "Render->Update Textures" menu entry.

I think that the best solution will be that the  -f flag for the texcache
command, that allows to monitor the texture files and update thoses that
have changed from the last scan, will work correctly and in all platforms
not only in Linux.
This will help a lot with this kind of problems.
Or even better have a more intelligent texture update command that before
updating textures checks if the texture have change, instead of updating
everything.

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez