[Sidefx-houdini-list] rectangular pbr area light

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Tue Dec 11 11:01:02 EST 2007

you welcome.  from what i remember mark telling me - you have to create a
new light asset with scaling enabled.  however, it's bit of a hoop to jump
through for such a common need.  i think that new users would find this
unnecessarily complex.  maybe this is a good reason to have scaling
allowable as default (MarkE)?

i may be missing something obvious here.  i'd be keen to hear from sesi
about "best pratice" on this issue - specifically dealing with area lights.
i'm hoping that we'll have a nice suite of lighting tools and shaders for
9.1.  ie, uberlights, magic lights, and some bullet proof uber shaders (made
out of lots of v useful mini shader assets).

the quicker the power of mantra is opened up to the masses - the sooner
houdini will receive the attention (and sales) that it deserves...