[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT, apprentice HD?and more?

JUSTIN REEVES jreeves16 at msn.com
Thu Dec 6 21:59:50 EST 2007

Hello all, Ive been gone for a few years and suddenly looked over at the old
SFX site and say its up to 9 now, and the 17k prices is gone down?, and
something about a single node full working version for $99, whats up with
this. I think I entered some type of strange dimensional time machine today.

Even more off topic, I was referring someone to look at SGI, they never
heard of them, I looked at there site, been a long time(3-4yrs)and I didn't
see any 3D type workstations what the, am I wrong?

Also a little help. I trained in Houdini for 4 years with the help of you
who have been around  a while and SideFX. I trained from H4-H7 and have been
out since.
I never got into the industry due to my family didn't want to move to Cali.,
where the work is.
I am still stuck here in Utah, any one know of any Utah based Houdini
companies, also has the Houdini usage base gotten larger ie surpassed Maya
(If its still around) studios yet or due they still have the major of the
market?

Thanks all.

Justin Reeves