[Sidefx-houdini-list] PythonIDE? was [ PyQt book ]

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:59:39 EST 2007

2007/12/5, John Coldrick <jc at axyzfx.com>:

> On Tuesday 04 December 2007 19:52, Alvin Yap wrote:
> > Curiously, what IDE do you guys use? Right now I really like using just
> > the command prompt to run the python intepreter because of the up/down
> > keys to repeat commands. IDLE doesn't seem to do that or I'm probably
> > missing a setting. But I do miss the auto completion found on idle.
>
>         Personally I'm a Komodo fan.
>
>          http://www.activestate.com

that's very good too John.
Another non free option is  slickedit.
But at the end I usually return to my old friend vim, using a complete IDE
for scripts sometimes is too much and I prefer to use a simple advanced
editor like vim, emacs, cooledit, nedit, etc ...
But  I think we turn this thread in another what is the best 3D tool?  ;)

        Wing IDE has a good rep too.

>         Cheers,
>
>         J.C.
>

> --
> John Coldrick                  www.axyzfx.com        Axyz Animation
> 416-504-0425                                         477 Richmond St W
>                                                      Toronto, ON Canada
> jc at axyzfx.com                                        M5V 3E7

Un saludo
Best Regards