[Sidefx-houdini-list] execute external python script

Graham Thompson gthompson at sidefx.com
Wed Dec 5 06:06:50 EST 2007

You can use hou.expandString() on your file path returned by
selectFile.  That will allow you to run execfile on it.

path = hou.expandString(hou.ui.selectFile())

As for setting an Hscript variable as a result of a python command, you
could do something like

set foo = `pythonexprs('hou.ui.selectFile()')`

Houdini 9.0 does not currently have a python equivalent to things such
as $script_value so what you are doing is probably
the best you can for now.