[Sidefx-houdini-list] PythonIDE? was [ PyQt book ]

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 20:25:16 EST 2007

Why are you half drugged when you could be fully drugged?
OK - moderation is good when you're learning new languages...

Seriously though - I'm using the python source editor that comes with
Houdini for simple stuff. It has no undo though so you have to be
careful. I keep an editor open nearby and swipe code into that as a
backup . Either that or edit in vim and call from source editor. I use
the python shell sometimes for dragging an existing node onto so I can
drop asCode() on the end to get the opscript equivalent python. Coding
pretty much everything in python packages and classes....

Cheers