[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering blues

gravatar at gravatonia.com gravatar at gravatonia.com
Tue Dec 4 17:00:00 EST 2007

Well guys,
    After trying all sort of memory and firewall fixes, it has looks like
the render crash is related to the multi-threading bug.  I have run tests
with the home system (HD) and several school machines (standard licenses),
and the common denominator seems to be whether or not the machine is
multicore.  Any eta's on when that bug is going to be fixed?

In the mean time, I can compensate for the lack of power by rendering on
more nodes.  The school has 2 full licenses and 20 rendering node licenses.
However, just to add insult to injury, the farm software is being buggy
right now as well.  Can one of y'all direct me to a thorough instructional
page for starting renders through a command prompt.  I read through several
hits from a search in the help files, but I think I missed something,
because nothing I tried worked. I appreciate the help.

Grav